Effective July 1, 2016 / Last Updated March 22, 2018
We collect and store information so that we may provide services to you. We do not sell or provide any information to outside parties without first obtaining your explicit consent except as outlined below under the heading Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Organizational Users – Organizational users includes the School’s or Organization’s staff and/or teachers who use the system;
- Student Users – Students at the School or Organization;
- Parent Users – Parents or Guardians of students at the School or Organization.
What We Collect
The information we collect is based on the type of user. Some of the information is required and some of the information is optional. The full list is as follows:
- Organizational Users
- Required Information includes Personal Name, Email Address, and Staff Code. The staff code does not need to match an employee ID number used within other systems at the organization but must be unique for each Organizational User.
- Not Required Information includes Phone Number and Photo.
- Student Users
- Required Information includes Personal Name (although a letter abbreviation can be used for the first name), Student ID Number (although it is not required to match the Student ID Number used in other systems within your organization).
- Not Required information includes Gender, Grade, Ethnicity, Photo. Although these items are not required, they are strongly recommended in order to simplify use of the system and to improve reporting on the performance of your PBIS program.
- If you use the PBIS Rewards system to track Office Disciple Referrals, then we also collect information about the Office Discipline Referrals so that we can provide you with reports on Office Discipline Referrals.
- Parent Users
- Name and relationship to the student.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Organizational Users – 1) To verify your identity when you use the PBIS Rewards service or when you communicate to us; 2) To communicate administrative announcements to you about the status of the services we offer and provide to you; 3) to communicate useful tips and suggestions to you to help you get the most out of the PBIS Rewards service.
- Student Users – To verify your identity when you use the PBIS Rewards service.
- Parent Users – To verify that the owner of the smart device has been granted permission to view information about a student. To give the Organization the ability to remove access for a Parent.
How Do We Collect This Information?
- Organizational Users – Information is uploaded to the PBIS Rewards database by an Organizational user with administrative privileges.
- Student Users – Information is uploaded to the PBIS Rewards database by an Organizational user with administrative privileges.
- Parent Users – Information is uploaded to the PBIS Rewards database by an Organizational user with administrative privileges. We also ask the parent to verify their relationship to a student when they access the student’s information for the first time.
To prevent unauthorized access, promote data security, and encourage appropriate use of information, we have strict internal policies and use a variety of security tools to assist in the protection of your personal information. You will find more information in our Security Statement.
PBIS Rewards doesn’t sell any advertising of any kind. We do not sell advertising nor provide personal or identifiable information to third parties for any of the types of users (Organizational, Student, Parent) of our services. Additionally, we do not sell any demographic, navigation, or search data to others that could be used outside of PBIS Rewards to target advertising of any type towards any users of our service.
There are places where a user may see links to third-party websites or may see references to outside parties.
- Organizational Users – Users may see links to products that support the PBIS Rewards service. PBIS Rewards does not sell this access and does not generate any revenue of any type from these links. These links are provided only as a convenience to the organizational users of the service. The School or Organization does have the ability to include a sponsor logo that appears to staff when staff open the PBIS Rewards staff app. This is fully controlled by the School/Organization.
- Student Users – The School or Organization has the ability to include a sponsor logo that appears when students open the PBIS Rewards student app. This is fully controlled by the School/Organization.
- Parent Users – The School or Organization has the ability to include a sponsor logo that appears when parents open the PBIS Rewards parent app. This is fully controlled by the School/Organization.
Law Enforcement Agencies
If requested by a generally recognized Law Enforcement Agency or government official, we may provide information without your consent if it is in connection with the investigation of illegal activities. We retain the right to determine if we will require legal documentation before providing this information. We may or may not inform you that we have shared your information with a Law Enforcement Agency or government official.
Questions and Concerns