Effective July 1, 2016
We collect and store information so that we may provide services to you. We do not sell or provide any information to outside parties without first obtaining your explicit consent except as outlined below under the heading Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Organizational Users – Organizational users includes the School’s or Organization’s staff and/or teachers who use the system;
- Student Users – Students at the School or Organization;
- Parent Users – Parents or Guardians of students at the School or Organization.
What We Collect
The information we collect is based on the type of user. All information collected is explicitly given to us by the School or Organization. Some of the information is required and some of the information is optional. The full list is as follows:
- Organizational Users
- Required Information includes Personal Name, Email Address, and Staff Code. The staff code does not need to match an employee ID number used within other systems at the organization but must be unique for each Organizational User.
- Not Required Information includes Phone Number and Photo.
- Student Users
- Required Information includes Personal Name (although a letter abbreviation can be used for the first name), Student ID Number (although it is not required to match the Student ID Number used in other systems within your organization).
- Not Required information includes Gender, Grade, Ethnicity, Photo. Although these items are not required, they are strongly recommended in order to simplify use of the system and to improve reporting on the performance of your PBIS program.
- If you use the PBIS Rewards system to track Office Disciple Referrals, then we also collect information about the Office Disciple Referrals so that we can provide you with reports on Office Disciple Referrals.
- Parent Users – We do not collect any personal information on Parents. We do identify the device type and other characteristics of the device that is running the PBIS Rewards Parent App.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Organizational Users – 1) To verify your identity when you use the PBIS Rewards service or when you communicate to us; 2) To communicate administrative announcements to you about the status of the services we offer and provide to you; 3) to communicate useful tips and suggestions to you to help you get the most out of the PBIS Rewards service.
- Student Users – To verify your identity when you use the PBIS Rewards service.
- Parent Users – To verify that the owner of the smart device has been granted permission to view information about a student.
To prevent unauthorized access, promote data security, and encourage appropriate use of information, we have strict internal policies and use a variety of security tools to assist in the protection of your personal information. You will find more information in our Security Statement.
Law Enforcement Agencies
If requested by a generally recognized Law Enforcement Agency or government official, we may provide information without your consent if it is in connection with the investigation of illegal activities. We retain the right to determine if we will require legal documentation before providing this information. We may or may not inform you that we have shared your information with a Law Enforcement Agency or government official.
Questions and Concerns