PBIS Rewards mission is to help schools create a positive climate in which every student can learn and grow academically, socially, and emotionally. The PBIS Rewards Service is purchased by schools, school districts and other similar organizations to help them track and manage their PBIS initiative.
PBIS Rewards enters into an agreement with the purchasing organization that defines our commitment to protecting data and to ensuring the availability of our service to the organization. Our core commitment can be found in our Platform Terms of Service. Additionally, the data we collect and track is described in detail in our Student Data Privacy Frequently Asked Questions. You should read this as well.
Subscribing organizations fully control who can use the service. In some instances, this will include children under the age of 13. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) defines what we can and cannot do with respect to users under the age of 13. Our COPPA Notice outlines our compliance with COPPA. This is updated annually and you should read this if you have a child under the age of 13 who is a student at an organization who uses PBIS Rewards. You should also read our letter to parents which outlines our commitment to safeguard their child’s data when they are using PBIS Rewards at their school.
If you do not want to read the four documents (Platform Terms of Service, Student Data Privacy Frequently Asked Questions, COPPA Notice, and Student Data Privacy – Parent Letter), here is a summary of what is described.
- We only collect data that we need to provide the PBIS Rewards service to the organization.
- We only keep this data while the organization is a customer of our service. If the service is terminated, we dispose of the data in a timely manner.
- We do not sell this data under any circumstance.
- We do not use this data to market other services.
- We only share this data with companies we need to help provide the service and we require those companies to sign documents that commit them to the same policies that we operate under.
- We do not claim ownership of the data. The organization subscribing to the service is the rightful owner of the data. The organization may ask for a copy of the data at any time and we will make it available to them.
- We safeguard the data using industry best practices.
- We conduct regular risk assessments of all aspects of our business. We fix any vulnerabilities when/if they are discovered.
- We train our staff on security best practices.
- We fully comply with COPPA. Our COPPA Notice is always available on our website.
- We assist the organization in their requirement to comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
- We fully comply with The Pupil Protection and Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA).
If you have any questions or concerns about our stand on Privacy and Data Protection, we encourage you to reach out to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy was last modified on November 15, 2019.