It’s always exciting when we hear from educators who are using PBIS to create a positive school culture. It’s doubly exciting when those same educators are all-in on PBIS Rewards for their PBIS initiative. And when those educators are in another country …well, it’s hard to contain our enthusiasm! Melissa Searle and Karen Wood are educators and school leaders at Movelle Primary School in Melbourne, Australia, and were set to be presenters at our PBIScon20 Summer Conference. Karen is Movelle’s Principal, and Melissa is the school’s Learning Specialist. Although COVID-19 changed our plans, they were happy to share their presentation as part of our PBIScon20 Webinar Series.
During this hour-long webinar, Melissa and Karen walked us through their school’s positive behavior initiative, touching on topics like:
- Their RRRR Curriculum Program
- Emotional regulation
- Greeting students
- Morning circles
- The importance of SEL and teacher-student relationships
- Building resilience
- Establishing a safe, supportive, and inclusive school environment
- Developing positive coping skills
- Teaching problem-solving techniques
- Setting boundaries and standards within relationships
- Involving parents
- Adapting to remote learning using check-ins
- …and more!
We were thrilled to get the perspective of educators from Down Under and learned that while the terminology might be a little different, PBIS is truly universal!
PBIScon20 Webinar Recording
Resource from Movelle Primary
- Behaviour Flowchart
- Movelle Behaviour Matrix
- Movelle RRRR Scope and Sequence
- Presentation Notes
- Ramsey Rewards Queue
- Arrival Slip
- Emotional Learning Plan P-2
Contact Melissa and Karen
Resources from PBIS Rewards
- PBIS Incentives for Students
- PBIS Incentives for Staff
- Distance Learning Resources
- More than 100 PBIS Incentive Ideas for Distance Learning
- What is PBIS Rewards?
- SEL Check-in Feature in PBIS Rewards
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and PBIS
Want to know more about PBIS Rewards?
PBIS Rewards is a digital PBIS system to support your staff and students in your PBIS program. We’re here to help!