We recognize that identifying funding is an important step for bringing PBIS Rewards to your school. Below are several ways that PBIS Rewards schools have successfully funded their PBIS initiatives, including the PBIS Rewards system!
Many schools use federal funding to pay for PBIS Rewards as PBIS is a research-based framework to improve school culture. If improvement of your school’s climate is an area of focus for your school, the following options may be appropriate:
- Title I – This may be an option if creating a more positive, supportive school culture is part of your School Improvement Plan (SIP).
- School Improvement Grant (SIG Grant) – SIG Grants often focus on the improvement of school culture and climate. PBIS Rewards allows your school to demonstrate that improvement through data and reporting.
There are various organizations that may be able to support your school’s interest in PBIS Rewards. You may consider approaching several to ensure you find funding for the PBIS Rewards system, badges, lanyards, and incentives for your students and teachers!
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) – Schools with Free and Reduced Lunch rates above 50% may qualify for funding through CRA! We’ve created resources to make this even easier to request this funding through banks. Find more details here: https://www.pbisrewards.com/bank
- Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO) – Let your Parent/Teacher Organization support your school’s emphasis on a positive culture and climate! They may also wish to volunteer to work in your school store using the PBIS Rewards cashier accounts.
- Local Businesses – In addition to local companies that wish to support students and educators, some for-profit organizations also have charitable funds dedicated to community support. Check with companies in your community to identify those that give back locally through schools!
There are many great fundraisers to help cover the cost of PBIS Rewards and incentives for your students and teachers. Check out our school fundraising ideas resource for more details and ideas: https://www.pbisrewards.com/blog/school-fundraising-ideas/