The COVID-19 pandemic has pushed teachers and students alike into a new learning atmosphere. While everyone becomes accustomed to distance learning (eLearning), it’s important to support the expectations that you established at the beginning of the school year.
Moving from a physical classroom to a distance learning environment can be a challenge, but it’s still possible to maintain your PBIS initiative from a distance. PBIS Rewards is perfect for a distance learning environment!
Using PBIS Rewards for Distance Learning
PBIS Rewards recently hosted a webinar called “How to Use PBIS Rewards for Distance Learning,” which included educators from two online schools:
- Heather Price, Principal, Brevard Virtual Secondary School
- Andrew Guy, Teacher, Achievement House Charter Cyber School
Both schools operate in a virtual environment and use PBIS Rewards to recognize and reward their students. Brevard has a physical main office and can provide face-to-face activities such as standardized testing or academic interventions. However, all their classes are delivered in a virtual environment. Achievement House is completely virtual.
Also taking part in this webinar were Anna Michaels, Professional Development Educator, and Jill Hanson, Lead Customer Support Consultant, both from PBIS Rewards. Emily Fiedler, Educational Relationship Consultant at PBIS Rewards led the discussion.
Flash Webinar Recording
How to Make PBIS Rewards Work for Distance Learning
Topics and resources covered during this hour-long webinar included:
- Methods for recognizing students in a virtual environment
- Tips to make your virtual recognition process effective
- Ideas for virtual incentive ideas
- Methods to deliver physical rewards
- Operating a virtual school store efficiently
- Connecting with your students virtually
- Recognizing students as a group
- Monitoring points goal for teachers
- Recognizing quiet students who do the work but don’t demand attention
- Encouraging teachers to celebrate the positives in students
- Recognizing teachers for their efforts
- Adjusting points goals from a face-to-face environment to a virtual environment
- Making sure teachers award points equitably
- Giving students access to PBIS Rewards
- How to contact PBIS Rewards support
This flash webinar covered a lot of great information in just 60 minutes.