How do you create and sustain an award-winning school culture?
That was the focus of PBIS Rewards’ webinar featuring Hans and Jennifer Appel of Enterprise Middle School in West Richland, Washington. The Appels are educators, authors, and school culture leaders who are deeply committed to the building of positive school culture.
As part of PBISCon20, the Appels were slated to present an in-depth look at how Enterprise has built a strong, positive school culture through a combination of PBIS, SEL, and servant leadership. Though we had to cancel the conference for 2020 (look for us in 2021!), we knew we wanted them to be a part of our PBISCon20 webinar series!
In this webinar, Hans and Jennifer cover such topics as:
- “House rules” of character, excellence, and community
- Teaching with intentionality
- Inspiring others to discover and develop their joy
- Teaching servant leadership
- Using a common language in everything throughout the school
- Training students to be leaders
- Providing experiential activities to help students practice servant leadership
- Boosting staff morale
- Adapting for virtual learning
- …and more!
The Appels are part of the Teach Better team at Enterprise and operate the Award-Winning Culture website. Enterprise also uses the Character Strong curriculum as part of their PBIS initiative. Both Hans and Jennifer had plenty to share during this hour-long webinar – and they only touched on a portion of their usual presentation!
PBIScon20 Webinar Recording
Presentation Resources and Contacts
- Award Winning Culture Website
- Email the Award Winning Culture team
- Award Winning Culture on Facebook
- Teach Better Team
- Character Strong
- Dr. Michelle Borba: Unselfie Book
- Andrew Sokatch Ted Talk
- James Hunter
- Award Winning Culture Book
- Award Winning Dog Book
- Store (posters and sketchnotes)
- Wildcat Cafe Video Link
- EMS Human Wildcats on Instagram: @emshumanwildcats
- AWC Worksheet (PDF)
- T-shirt Letter (PDF)
- Wildcat Card Template (PDF)
Resources from PBIS Rewards
- PBIS Incentives for Students
- PBIS Incentives for Staff
- Distance Learning Resources
- SEL Check-in Feature in PBIS Rewards
- More than 100 PBIS Incentive Ideas for Distance Learning
- What is PBIS Rewards?
- PBIS Rewards Parent App
- PBIS Rewards Training
- How to build a PBIS Team
- PBIScon20 Summer Webinar Series
Want to know more about PBIS Rewards?
PBIS Rewards is a digital PBIS system to support your staff and students in your PBIS program. Request your demo today and witness the ease-of-use of PBIS Rewards!