Schools beginning their PBIS journey often struggle with preparing a useful and workable blueprint for future success. Establishing a strong plan at the beginning will enable the entire school community to move forward in improving school culture and climate. Creating and implementing a sustainable schoolwide PBIS program takes careful thought and preparation.
Creating a Sustainable Schoolwide PBIS Program
To assist schools in developing a blueprint for PBIS, PBIS Rewards hosted a webinar featuring a presentation by Justine Hoch. Ms. Hoch is a certified teacher mentor in the state of Florida and has completed her District Leadership certification through the Pasco County School District. She is a Spanish teacher and PBIS administrator at Cypress Creek Middle/High School.
Justine walked webinar participants through a ten-step process for establishing and sustaining PBIS schoolwide. Topics covered during this hour-long webinar included:
- Staff training and coping with resistance
- Establishing a leadership team
- Introducing the initiative to students
- Creating and distributing a behavior matrix
- Collection and analysis of data
- Identifying both successful and struggling students
- Supporting and celebrating students
- Promoting PBIS
- Recognizing staff for their efforts using PBIS
- Involving parents and the larger community
Moderating this webinar was PBIS Rewards’ own Emily Fiedler. Participants had the opportunity to ask questions during and after the webinar, as well.
Flash Webinar Recording
Materials used during this presentation, as well as other resources, are available here:
- Presentation Slide Deck (PDF at 2.8 MB)
- Presentation Outline (PDF at 125 KB)
- Distance Learning PBIS Incentive Ideas
- PBIS Incentive Ideas
- Staff Incentive Ideas
- Teacher Recognition Resources
Want to know more? For more information about PBIS Rewards to digitally maintain and support your PBIS initiative, contact us! We’re here to help!