How do you change the climate and culture of schools in an entire school district? Fulton County Schools in Atlanta, Georgia knew from the experience of individual schools that PBIS could profoundly change climate. However, getting all schools on board, encouraging buy-in, and maintaining fidelity district-wide requires leadership at the highest level.
Because we weren’t able to host an in-person conference in 2020, PBIS Rewards has hosted a virtual conference. Many of our scheduled speakers have joined us to present PBISCon20 webinars, including Maribel Bell. As Director of Student Discipline for Fulton County Schools, Maribel shared what it took to build a District Leadership Team and the success the district has seen because of this team.
Topics in this presentation included:
- Identifying potential team members
- Building relationships within the team
- Developing meetings as a work-session format
- Addressing misconceptions about the purpose of PBIS
- Determining action items and next steps
- Connecting schools, the district, and the community
- Finding and using funding in specific ways
- Placing importance on training for staff and coaches
- Using data to drive decisions
- …and much more!
Leadership at the district level is very important for the ultimate success of PBIS at the school level. As Fulton County moves toward 100% school participation in PBIS in 2021, it is the work of the District Leadership Team that makes it possible!
View the PBIScon20 Webinar Recording
- Presentation Slide Deck (PDF)
Resources from PBIS Rewards
- PBIS Incentives for Staff
- Distance Learning Resources
- PBIS Rewards District Portal
- SEL Check-in Feature in PBIS Rewards
- More than 100 PBIS Incentive Ideas for Distance Learning
- What is PBIS Rewards?
- PBIS Rewards Training
- How to build a PBIS Team
Are you ready to learn more about PBIS Rewards?
PBIS Rewards is a digital PBIS system to support your staff and students in your PBIS program across your entire district. We’re here to help!