The primary purpose of implementing PBIS is to change the climate of our schools so that they are a great place to grow educationally, emotionally, and socially. An important measurement of progress involves tracking office discipline referrals. A school with a poor climate should see a reduction in Office Discipline Referrals as the climate improves. The PBIS Rewards Advanced Referral System gives you a simple and direct view into this and much, much more.
Advanced Referral System Features and Benefits
Completely Digital – No paper involved! The referral can be started from the smartphone app, a tablet device or a computer. Simple electronic forms take the drudgery out of the process.
- Customizable Infractions List – You can customize the list of infractions to fit your school and environment (e.g., Bullying, Fighting)
- Customizable Redirections List – You can customize the list of redirections that teachers are attempting to diffuse situations (e.g., Time Out).
- Customizable Motivations List – You can customize the list of student motivations to more accurately reflect what might have been behind the infraction.
- Customizable Administrative Actions List – The actions that are taken by the Administrative Staff dealing with the student can be customized (e.g., In-School Suspension, Letter of Apology)
- Proxy Submission – Sometimes the staff who is dealing with the problem isn’t in a position to start the referral process. Another staff member can start the form on their behalf so that the Administrative Staff is notified.
- Referral Notifications – When a referral is started, the office staff is immediately notified so they have advanced warning that a situation needs attention.
- Closed-Loop View – The staff responsible for the referral will see what action was taken by the Administrative Staff.
- 360 Degree View – Administrative reports give a clear view on how PBIS Rewards is working and how it relates to office referrals on a teacher-by-teacher basis. Your PBIS Program Lead will have great data to help provide feedback to teachers, helping them to see how adherence to PBIS principles makes a difference by reducing their office referrals.
PBIS Rewards’ Advanced Referral System gives you a clearer view on the progress your PBIS program is making and gives you teacher-by-teacher and student-by-student data to help you make improvements.
** The Advanced Referral System add-on is an additional fee to the standard base cost of PBIS Rewards. **