We are excited to offer you our PBIScon20 Summer Webinar Series! A collection of FREE webinars, hosted by PBIS Rewards.
We’ve arranged for some of our scheduled speakers to conduct webinars over the next several weeks, giving you a brilliant opportunity to sample PBISCon20 from the comfort of your couch.
Each webinar will bring you a different presentation from our experienced and knowledgeable speaker lineup. Topics covered will include PBIS Best Practices, Family/Community Engagement, and Social-Emotional Learning!
Space will be limited for each webinar, so you’ll want to sign up for a seat as soon as registration opens for each. We’re excited to share all this great PBIS knowledge with you and look forward to planning an amazing conference for 2021!
Check them out below.
Introducing the PBIScon20 Summer Webinars
Never Raise Your Voice
- Amie Cumming
- Phalanda Perriman
RISE Academy is a unique alternative program in Covington, GA that is centered around PBIS. From the very beginning, PBIS Rewards has been an integral part of RISE. Our students, staff, and parents believe in the power of Positive Reinforcement. The climate & culture of RISE is based on mutual respect.
- We use our experience at RISE with PBIS Rewards to teach other educators how positive reinforcement can replace negative consequences.
- We train teachers how confrontations with students are never necessary.
- When teachers earn the trust of their students, a safe, respectable climate is born.
How PBIS Rewards Revitalized Our PBIS Program
- Jessica Harris
This presentation will discuss the steps that Newton County Schools took to implement PBIS Rewards in 15 schools around the district as a means to revitalize their PBIS program. The steps taken to facilitate staff training will be reviewed. Outcome data will also be discussed.
- The objective is for participants to be able to return to their districts to start or revitalize current PBIS systems in their schools utilizing PBIS Rewards.
Placing Wellbeing into the Heart of Education
International times for this presentation:
- Sydney, Australia = 10 am AEST on July 31st
- Perth, Australia = 8 am AWST on July 31st
- New York, NY = 8 pm EDT on July 30th
- Los Angeles, CA = 5 pm PDT on July 30th
- Melissa Searle
- Karen Wood
Movelle Primary School is a small school in Victoria, Australia. We would like to discuss the way we have combined and embraced the implementation of SWPBS, Resilience, Rights and Respectful Relationships Program (SEL), Meditation, Morning Circle, Zones of Regulation and Focus plans powerfully.
- Understanding Change Process (first year)
- Understanding the RRRR Curriculum Program (Resilience, Rights and Respectful Relationships)
- Understanding how to powerfully combine Zones of Regulation
- Understanding the benefits of morning circle
- Understanding how and when to incorporate meditation
Creating an Award Winning Culture
- Hans Appel
- Jennifer Appel
After winning the ASCD Whole Child Award, Global Class Act Award for Kindness, and being selected as a PBIS Film Festival Finalist, EMS is on a mission to share their PBIS secrets. Learn how to build an award-winning culture through an intentional focus on Character, Excellence, and Community.
- Participants will develop an understanding of the key components of an Award Winning Culture
- Participants will learn a wealth of practical ideas, resources, and tips to elevate their school culture.
- Participants will create a template to implement their own Award Winning Culture at their school.
How to Build and Leverage a District Leadership Team to Implement PBIS with Fidelity
- Maribel Bell
In this session, participants will learn how a large metro school system in Atlanta developed a cross-functional district leadership team that implemented PBIS system-wide. This model has been used to implement PBIS in 90 schools that have reduced suspensions and other exclusionary discipline.
- Participants will learn how to form a cross functional team.
- Participants will learn how to keep district team focused and working towards common goals.
- Participants will learn how to support a large scale PBIS implementation.
- Participants will learn how to monitor progress using data.
Previous Webinars & Resources
Establishing and Maintaining Staff Buy-in for PBIS Implementation
- Anne Cordaro
- Lori Pevoteaux
One of the most difficult parts of a successful PBIS implementation is getting the adults on board and keeping them on board. This session will outline key factors in generating staff buy-in that is authentic, sustainable, and affordable. We will present a currently successful high school model.
- Participants will understand the key components that increase teacher buy-in for PBIS Implementation. (Capture, education, motivation, and sustainability)
- Participants will come away with a “toolbox” of ideas and strategies that they can use at their own sites.