Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) has always been part of the classroom, but during the 2020-21 school year, SEL feels more important than ever.
With current discussion revolving around SEL and SEL practices, the Professional Development Team at PBIS Rewards thought it would be helpful to answer some of the most common questions about SEL. Our panelists included:
- Kara Yates, M. Ed., Associate Director of Product Engagement
- Anna Michaels, M. Ed., Professional Development Educator
- India Williams, M. Ed., Professional Development Educator
All three are former educators with extensive experience in the classroom, and they understand the joys and challenges of the classroom environment. This webinar covered several areas of discussion centered around SEL, including:
- Getting Started with SEL
- Integrating PBIS and SEL
- Staff Buy-In and Adult SEL
- Schoolwide SEL
- Virtual SEL Check
- Engaging Parents and Community with SEL
As you might imagine, PBIS and SEL go hand-in-hand in many ways. The shared goals of positive behavior and student recognition allow PBIS initiatives to complement SEL in the classroom. There was great discussion in this webinar, with lots of educators sharing information in the chat as well as asking questions.
We hope you enjoy this facilitated discussion around SEL and invite you to learn more about SEL, PBIS, and PBIS Rewards!
View the SEL Webinar Recording
- October Family Calendar (PDF)
Resources from PBIS Rewards
- SEL Check feature in PBIS Rewards
- Distance Learning Resources
- More than 130 PBIS Incentive Ideas for Distance Learning
- What is PBIS Rewards?
Are you ready to learn more about PBIS Rewards?
PBIS Rewards is a digital PBIS system to support your staff and students in your PBIS program. We’re here to help!