Now that it’s August, most of us are in back-to-school mode. Here at PBIS Rewards, we felt it was important to have an in-depth conversation about the challenges educators are facing at the beginning of this unusual school year. We asked educators to send in their questions about PBIS and distance learning, and that led to a fun and lively discussion session about how to make PBIS work in the virtual classroom.
The facilitator for this discussion was our own Associate Director of Product Engagement, Kara Yates. Joining Kara for this hour-long discussion were our Professional Development Educators, Anna Michaels and India Williams. The discussion revolved around six areas of focus:
- Getting Started With PBIS in a Distance Environment
- Updating Your Behavior Matrix
- Rewarding Points
- Staff Buy-In
- Engaging Parents and Community
Thanks to the input from educators everywhere during this live event, there were lots of great ideas shared. If you’re an educator looking for ways to boost engagement and connect with students in a distance learning environment, you’ll find them in this discussion!
PBIS in Distance Learning: A Facilitated Discussion with PBIS Rewards Webinar Recording
Resources From the Presentation
- Editable Behavior Matrix (Word Document)
- Sample Distance Learning Behavior Matrix (PDF)
- Sample Distance Learning Daily Schedule (PDF)
- PBIS I Feel Examples (PDF)
- Sample at Home Behavior Matrix (PDF)
- PBIS in Distance Learning Webinar Chat Notes (PDF)
Shared Resources from Participants
- from Shantay Evans in Georgia
- Building Relationships Online or In-Person (PDF)
- Ideas for acknowledging students during remote learning (PDF)
- Example Elementary Virtual Behavior Matrix (JPG)
- Example Secondary Virtual Behavior Matrix (JPG)
- Pitner Elementary Remote Learning Expectations (JPG)
- Powder Springs Elementary Virtual PBIS Matrix (JPG)
- from Keenan Tyner in California
Other Resources from PBIS Rewards
- How to Use PBIS Rewards in Distance Learning
- Distance Learning Resources
- More than 100 PBIS Incentive Ideas for Distance Learning
- What is PBIS Rewards?
- SEL Check-in Feature in PBIS Rewards
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and PBIS
Want to know more about PBIS Rewards?
PBIS Rewards is a digital PBIS system to support your staff and students in your PBIS program. We’re here to help!