Social and Emotional Learning is an important part of overall student mental health. The skills students build as part of an SEL curriculum will enable them to be successful long after their academic career comes to a close. There are five key areas of social-emotional development:
- Self-focus on emotions, values, thoughts, and actions
- Self-regulate through responsibility for one’s own behavior, thoughts, and actions
- Recognition and empathy for the feelings and behaviors of others
- Effective communication with others, even when you disagree
- Ability to make positive choices related to one’s own actions and behavior
Whether you’re in the physical classroom or in a distance learning environment, the development of SEL skills affect academic success. They also allow students to cultivate the soft skills that employers value in the workplace. Keeping tabs on student social-emotional development can be challenging when you’re not able to be together on a daily basis. That’s where PBIS Rewards’ SEL Check comes in.
Check In on Your Students’ Social and Emotional Learning
The PBIS Rewards’ SEL Check feature helps staff members to quickly log an SEL check-in and track the social and emotional state of students on the PBIS Rewards Web Portal and the PBIS Rewards Staff App. Data helps staff members work with students to develop self-awareness and work towards greater emotional maturity.
Track the SEL state for all students in your school via:
- Customizable SEL settings: category, emoji, color, and description
- Reports that include gender and ethnicity data points
- Drilldown reporting that provides data on all students and gives an overview of students at highest risk
The PBIS Rewards’ SEL Check feature gives staff members an opportunity to quickly identify risk factors in students. With of this feature, educators can determine which students are high-risk and provide access to extra help throughout the day.
** The SEL Check add-on is INCLUDED in the standard base cost of PBIS Rewards **