Social and Emotional Learning is an important part of overall student mental health. The skills students build as part of an SEL curriculum will enable them to be successful long after their academic career comes to a close. There are five key areas of social-emotional development:
- Self-focus on emotions, values, thoughts, and actions
- Self-regulate through responsibility for one’s own behavior, thoughts, and actions
- Recognition and empathy for the feelings and behaviors of others
- Effective communication with others, even when you disagree
- Ability to make positive choices related to one’s own actions and behavior
Whether you’re in the physical classroom or in a distance learning environment, the development of SEL skills affect academic success. They also allow students to cultivate the soft skills that employers value in the workplace. Keeping tabs on student social-emotional development can be challenging when you’re not able to be together on a daily basis. That’s where PBIS Rewards’ SEL Check comes in.
Check In on Your Students’ Social and Emotional Learning
The PBIS Rewards’ SEL Check feature helps staff members to quickly log an SEL check-in and track the social and emotional state of students on the PBIS Rewards Web Portal and the PBIS Rewards Staff App. Data helps staff members work with students to develop self-awareness and work towards greater emotional maturity.
Track the SEL state for all students in your school via:
- Customizable SEL settings: category, emoji, color, description, and de-escalation strategies
- Drilldown Reporting that provides data on all students and gives an overview of students at highest risk
- Student Self Check that gives the students the ability to document and communicate their SEL status
- Notifications can be set to alert staff members when a student submits a high risk SEL check-in
The PBIS Rewards’ SEL Check feature gives staff members an opportunity to quickly identify risk factors in students. With this feature, educators can determine which students are high-risk and provide access to extra help throughout the day.
Students Can Self-Report Their SEL Status, Too!
Take SEL up a notch with our Student Self SEL Check option, found in the PBIS Rewards Student App! Students can use the App to record their social and emotional states at any time, using the SEL settings customized by your school. Stay on top of student social and emotional states by encouraging them to self-report regularly. Data generated through these self-reports can help you to spot trends and focus on high-risk students as needed. Check-in with students who don’t otherwise draw attention for behavior. Help high-risk students work through difficult emotions. Get a more accurate snapshot of what is happening with your students on a social and emotional level. Student Self SEL Check puts the power of communication in the hands of your students!
** The SEL Check add-on is INCLUDED in the standard base cost of PBIS Rewards **